Friday, January 13, 2012

How I became green.

I started being green while I was a teenager I had started doing an extra chore. With the help of my parents and little sister I recycled cans. At that time it was also for extra money a few cents for just one can. In my families house we reused paper and plastic bags.
When I moved out and started living with my husband at the time my boyfriend I would drive what I could recycle to a neighboring grocery store with bins for all recycling items. Another step but too much time to go out.
When the trash provided started a new recycling program with one huge bin I was in love instead of just recycling cans glass and paper in the three bin the ability to recycle more from yugort containers to huge cardboard boxes. But then I thought lets not stop there I stopped using paper towels to clean with and went with kitchen towels some rags.
Hell when we where buying some things for the house to fix a few things I caught sight of reusable sponges which I had to beg my husband for. Hell as soon as i heard about wool balls I grabbed some wool yarn that I had plenty of and made a few wool balls.
So the next step will be with the biggest purchase for the twins diapers. I had decided if I can do all this recycling and reusing I can do cloth diapers. So I've been starting my stash from making homemade diapers, buying anything I can find at consignment stores, and signing up for giveaways. (Which I hope I can get a couple) We can't afford buying online or from our local cloth diaper store yet, but I'm confident that it can be done. It will be a tough road, but I like to be positive about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment